How we can register mobile in PTA?
- Find your device’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. You can typically find it by dialing *#06# on your phone or checking the device’s settings.
- Verify that your mobile device is genuine and not counterfeit. PTA may not register counterfeit devices.
PTA-Verified SIM Card:
- Ensure that your mobile device has a PTA-verified SIM card. If you are using a new SIM card, you may need to provide your biometric data and other relevant information to your mobile service provider for verification.
Visit the PTA Website:
- Access the official PTA website at https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/. This website is where you can initiate the registration process.
Create an Account
- If you already have an account on the PTA website, log in using your credentials. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- Provide your personal information and create a username and password.
Login to Your Account
- After creating or logging in to your account, you’ll be able to access the registration portal.
Register Your Mobile Device
- Fill out the required information in the registration form, including your device’s IMEI number, your personal details, and any other information requested.
- Upload a scanned copy of your CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) or passport, depending on your citizenship status. Ensure that the document is clear and readable.
Submit the Registration:
- Review the information you provided for accuracy.
- Submit your registration. You may be required to pay a fee, the amount of which may vary depending on the type of device and its registration status.
- Pay the registration fee, if applicable, using the available online payment methods on the PTA website.
- After completing the registration and payment process, you should receive a confirmation message or email. This confirmation serves as proof of registration.
Check Registration Status:
- You can check the status of your registration on the PTA website. It may take some time for your device to be registered.
How can I check the IMEI of my device?
Using Dialer (Phone App)
- Open the Phone app on your Android device.
- Dial *#06# on the keypad.
- The IMEI number will be displayed on the screen. Typically, you will see two IMEI numbers for dual-SIM devices.
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “About Phone” or “About Device.”
- Look for an option like “Status” or “Phone Information.”
- You will find the IMEI number listed there.
iPhones (iOS Devices):
Using the Phone App:
- Open the “Phone” app on your iPhone.
- Dial *#06# and tap the call button.
- The IMEI number will appear on the screen.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “General.”
- Select “About.”
- Scroll down to find the “IMEI” section, where you’ll see your device’s IMEI number.
For Other Mobile Devices:
Check the Device’s Packaging:
- If you have the original packaging for your mobile device, look for a label or sticker that displays the IMEI number. It is often printed on the box.
Check the Battery Compartment (if applicable):
- For some older mobile devices, you may find the IMEI number printed on a label inside the battery compartment. This is not applicable to all devices, but it’s worth checking if your device has a removable battery.
Check the Back Cover or Device Itself (if applicable):
- On certain devices, you might find the IMEI number printed on the back cover or on the device itself, usually near the SIM card tray or on the rear panel.
Check the SIM Tray (if applicable):
- For some iPhones and other devices, the IMEI number may be printed on the SIM card tray.
Check in the Device’s Software (if applicable)
- On some Android devices, you can also find the IMEI number in the device’s software by going to “Settings” > “About Phone” > “Status” or similar menus.
How to register mobile with PTA for 120 days?
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) introduced a Mobile Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System (DIRBS), which requires all mobile devices in Pakistan to be registered with the PTA. However, there was no specific provision for registering a mobile device for a temporary or 120-day period. Mobile device registration with the PTA is generally intended to be a one-time, permanent process.If you are looking for a temporary solution to use a mobile device in Pakistan for a limited period, you may consider the following options:
Using a Temporary SIM Card:
- If you are a foreign visitor or have a short-term stay in Pakistan, you can purchase a temporary or prepaid SIM card from a local mobile service provider. These SIM cards are typically valid for a specified duration and do not require device registration.
Using a Mobile Device with Existing Registration:
- If you already have a mobile device registered with the PTA, you can insert a local SIM card into that device and use it during your stay in Pakistan.
Renting a Mobile Device:
- Some companies and businesses offer mobile device rental services for travelers. You can rent a mobile phone with a local SIM card for the duration of your stay.
Wi-Fi Calling and Messaging Apps:
- You can use Wi-Fi calling and messaging apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or Viber to make calls and send messages over Wi-Fi without the need for a local SIM card.